Are you a new Early Childhood Educator looking to land your first job, or are you an experienced ECE looking to transfer to a new setting? In this two-part Get Hired webinar series, you will learn how to prepare and successfully interview for ECE positions.
This Get Hired webinar series will:
- Help you become a skilled interviewee
- Teach you how to respond to current issues such as the pandemic and diversity in the classroom
- Walk you through standard interview questions and responses
- Teach you techniques to manage the pace and content of your responses
- Guide you in securing a permanent position
You will be provided with a certificate for your professional portfolio as well as an eBook after each webinar with self-assessment materials and lots of content to help you improve your interviewing skills. Recordings will be available if participants miss the live webinar.
SESSION 1 – PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 – 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM EST
The first session will help you prepare for your interview, with a focus on questions that deal with standard issues but also with current issues such as learning in a post-pandemic setting and managing diversity, equity and fairness in the classroom.
At this session, you will:
- Learn how to prepare for common questions;
- Become familiar with all three interview types;
- Learn how to avoid the common pitfalls in interviews;
- Become familiar with gathering information on “The Three Ps”;
- Understand the perspective of the supervisor in hiring.
SESSION 2 – SUCCESS IN THE INTERVIEW
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 – 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM EST
Do you ever wonder what interviewers are looking for, what they are writing, and whether you are on the right track with your responses? The second session will guide you through the process of nailing an interview, from the first impression to the follow-up.
- Outlining the advantages and pitfalls of bringing a portfolio;
- Creating a positive image, from dress to proper timing of your responses;
- Making a power statement and finishing strongly.
Following each webinar, you will receive a certificate for your portfolio and an eBook that contains templates that guide you through the processes outlined in the webinar. Each 90-minute webinar includes a live post question and answer period with Jennifer and Dan.
1 webinar $79 or the 2-part series $99 (plus GST/HST)